HMSHost at Los Angeles International Airport
1 World Way Los Angeles, CA 90045
$93,796 to $120,595 per year
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Commissary Manager IV is responsible for managing the commissary activities of a location with substantially high sales volume and complex operations. This includes purchasing, food production and storage, ensuring food quality, controlling food and labor costs, ensuring product is delivered to units, leading the commissary team, educating associates on equipment and food safety, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by Management. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the General Manager.
- Assumes responsibility for all branch purchasing, food production and storage; updates pricing and order guides; and establishes par inventory levels for all products
- Controls food and labor costs to maximize profitability
- Ensures food quality, recipe, and portion control standards meet Food Safety Standards and Specifications
- Oversees daily delivery of food items and various goods/products to the units and assigns tasks to commissary personnel
- Ensures all associates receive proper training on food and equipment safety
- Serves as a resource to others in resolution of complex problems and issues
- Works directly with vendors to ensure purchases are in accordance with company specifications and serves as a liaison for service contractors
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires 2 years of formal post-high school education; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Requires at least 5 years experience in high volume and/or multi-unit Food and Beverage or Merchandise operations or other related management experience
- Requires a high level of computer literacy, including expertise in Excel, Outlook and Word
- Demonstrates knowledge of product, service, quality, equipment and operations standards required
- Requires the ability to interact with all levels of associates including the executive team, union representatives, branded partners and a very diverse group of hourly associates
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
- Requires basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs
- May require operation of heavy equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost at Los Angeles International Airport
– 1 World Way
Los Angeles, CA
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.