HMSHost at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Concourse C, Gate C30 6000 North Terminal Parkway Atlanta, GA 30337
$18.00 to $19.00 per hour
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
The Second Cook is responsible for food production, preparation and presentation, and is able to rotate through all food stations to ensure a high quality product is served to the customer. This role will perform a variety of duties in the preparation and cooking of various food products. The Second Cook is responsible for communicating any potential problems to the manager on duty, providing the highest level of service to customers and associates at all times, and performing all responsibilities as directed by assigned management. This is a non-exempt position which reports to the Manager, Assistant Manager or Operations Director, depending upon local requirements.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Tastes products, follows menus, estimates food requirements, checks production and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; measures and mixes ingredients; washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables
- Handles organic and specialty ingredients
- Maintains quality control for all products, including monitoring freshness of product daily
- Acquires an intermediate level of knowledge of ingredient specifications and seasonal variability
- Coordinates food output with the other cooks
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Stocks, dates, rotates and checks temperature of product
- Fully understands the menu, ingredients and nutritional content, and is able to communicate that information clearly to customers
- Receives, stocks, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies
- Complies with HMSHost and franchise policies as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies including rules of the Airport Authority
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires 2-3 years of closely related culinary experience, working in a high volume casual dining restaurant environment or similar position/experience
- Requires intermediate level food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauces and Pantry
- Must have proficient knife cutting skills, and have a full knowledge of dry and moist cooking principles
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires working knowledge of a variety of kitchen equipment; grill, fryer, slicers, and ovens
- Must have proficient skills in handling organic and specialty ingredients and quality control
- Must be able to adapt to changes in new menu items and cooking techniques
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to complete multiple tasks/heavy volume under time constraints
- Must have working knowledge of weights, measures and various cooking techniques
- Must have good communication and customer service skills
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably and professionally with individuals
- Requires a working knowledge of restaurant control systems such as prep chart, pull charts, basic recipe conversions
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move 40 lbs
- Requires the ability to bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Frequently works in hot environment
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
– Concourse C, Gate C30
HMSHost at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.