HMSHost at Palm Beach International Airport
Concourse C, Gate C09 1000 James L Turnage Boulevard West Palm Beach, FL 32114
$14.00 to $16.95 per hour
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting guest(s) and seating them at an appropriate table before they are introduced to their server. The Host/Hostess may perform a variety of other tasks within a restaurant establishment which may include ringing up orders, refilling beverages, setting tables, and cleaning eating/serving areas; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager.
- Maintains consistent attention to the entrance of the restaurant and welcomes all guests with a smile and appropriate greeting following HMSHost customer service standards
- Records customer reservations or seating times in a consistent manner providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times
- Maintains and updates restaurant seating charts
- Proper set up and maintenance of the Dining Room areas before serving
- Assists with maintaining sufficient stock of roll up silverware for the incoming shift
- Seats guests and advises them on menus and beverage choices based on required in-depth knowledge
- Oversees the delivery and servicing of food and beverages
- Liaises between kitchen staff and floor staff to ensure the guests’ experience meets concept/company standards
- Performs the tasks of the cashier and/or bus person as required including cashing out guests checks to speed up service
- Understands and follows HMSHost cash handling policies and procedures and maintain proper security of cash at all times
- Patrols assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per establishment procedures
- Performs other duties in a team effort during downtime which may include rolling silverware, expediting food orders, washing dishes, preparing food for the To-go areas and properly cleaning and filling table condiments (salt & pepper, sugar, napkins, ketchup and mustard bottles)
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Customer service and cash handling experience preferred
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to read and interpret restaurant’s seating chart
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
– Concourse C, Gate C09
HMSHost at Palm Beach International Airport
West Palm Beach, FL
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.