Utility - Food &Beverage
HMSHost at Detroit Metropolitan Airport
North Terminal, Concourse D, Gate D09 11050 West G Rogell Drive Detroit, MI 48174
Utility - Food & Beverage
$14.75 to $16.75 per hour
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
The Utility associate is responsible for various services to include but not limited to cleaning equipment, floors, workstations, utensils, pots and pans using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards; checking ice levels, keg beers, bib sodas and Co2 containers and replace if necessary; loading and unloading supply trucks; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non- exempt position .
- Cleans equipment which may include work tables, refrigerators, meat blocks and other equipment
- Cleans utensils, pots and pans by washing them by hand or place them in a dishwashing machine
- Returns clean utensils, pots and pans to their proper places
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas - Sweeps, mops, scrubs and buffs floors using heavy equipment
- Cleans walls, windows and steam cleans trashcans - Stocks, dates, rotates and checks temperature of product Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or hand truck
- Loads and unloads supply trucks
- Follows all security and safety procedures established by the Company
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
– North Terminal, Concourse D, Gate D09
HMSHost at Detroit Metropolitan Airport
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.