6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
Content Marketing Manager
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The purpose of the Content Marketing Manager is to create engaging and curated content to be used for planning, developing, and implementing the company’s content strategy on social media and offline marketing campaigns.
- Creates and owns the design of digital and print marketing materials including flyers, email templates, banner ads, presentations, social media campaigns, and videos
- Appraises what is relevant to various HMSHost audiences; ensures that all marketing content is on-brand in style, quality, and tone
- Builds and manages microsites using content management systems that allow for shared editorial access to internal partners
- Establishes and maintains an editorial calendar that regularly delivers impactful content on social media and to internal digital channels
- Assists in media content creation for internal and external programs and platforms
- Curates insights from internal subject-matter experts into marketing content and campaigns for external audience
- Analyzes performance of marketing campaigns; prepare reports on effectiveness of how campaigns drive sales and brand awareness
- Optimizes posted content for search engines and social promotion
- Acts as brand guardian and gives creative direction to internal brand users and external creative contractors
- Assists and supports local marketing initiatives to capture target audience in the field
Reporting relationship and other important information
- This is an exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- The Content Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
- The position is required to travel occasionally and irregularly to project sites as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires marketing acumen typically gained through a Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing communications, hospitality, or related field and 2-5 years of experience in marketing communications and public relations
- Requires in depth knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Requires working knowledge of graphic design and photo/video editing tools (i.e., Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, PowerPoint, YouTube Video Editor)
- Requires working knowledge of digital marketing tools (i.e., Constant Contact, Google Analytics, HubSpot, Wix)
- Requires excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Requires ability to think analytically and evaluate marketing effectiveness
- Requires being organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently
- Requires ability to multi-task and demonstrate time management
- Willingness to learn and use new technology tools
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary
Disclaimer All job requirements are subject to change to reflect the evolving position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.