6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Operations Controller is responsible for managing cost controls, budgeting and forecasting processes, financial analysis and reporting, and accounting procedures for a single branch or region with multiple locations ranging from small to large sales volume operations. This position is responsible for effectively implementing company defined financial metrics throughout their area of responsibility. The Operations Controller is primarily responsible for providing fact based input into development projects by working with field management in accurately evaluating financial risks and returns of potentially new business opportunities. This position is responsible for the direct management of the activities of their respective accounting staff. This position is responsible for the evaluation of the accounting processes for their geographic area, and makes the appropriate recommendations and/or implements the appropriate solutions. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Business Controller.
- Manages the preparation and transmission of branch accounting information such as sales and profit figures, payroll data, accruals, transfers and inventories
- Oversees maintenance of internal accounting records and is responsible for preparing timely area management and corporate/regional reports
- Maintains the appropriate control environment within their area of responsibility ensuring compliance with all corporate accounting standards within the region and provides necessary training to branch management in accounting standards and corporate policies and procedures
- Manages the budget and forecast process for the region including review and validation
- Provides accurate fact based analysis for ad hoc reporting as requested by Sr. Management
- Prepares reports and presentations, including developing financial bridges for the Business Controller review
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance (CPA/MBA preferred); experience in Food and Beverage or Retail operations a plus
- Requires strong accounting skills with a focus on reconciliation of ledger accounts
- Requires 7 years in financial or business analysis, preferably in a medium to high volume environment
- Requires an advanced working knowledge of Excel including financial modeling skills
- Requires strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires ability to build strong relationships and function well in a heavily matrixed organizational environment, as well as develop strong relationships with external partners including Joint Ventures, sub-tenants, landlords and vendors
- Previous experience in reading and interpreting contractual agreements a plus
- Requires the ability to travel 25%
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.