6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
Director Culinary Standards
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Director Culinary Standards is responsible for the research and development, ongoing review, and improvement of proprietary restaurant culinary programs and platforms. This position will work in a support relationship with the Restaurant Development Team for all proprietary brands; maximizing growth and long term profit through development of menu items, culinary standards, and new product development.
- Works with integrated team to develop culinary standards for new proprietary restaurant brands based on business needs and gaps in portfolio
- Works with internal support and external consultants in developing new concept menu selections and development of culinary training and operational standards for proprietary brands
- Develops and communicates ongoing proprietary culinary standards, objectives, and goals consistently thorough out the organization
- Develops and communicates proprietary restaurant culinary controls and best practices
- Reviews proprietary restaurant culinary standards with internal resources to gauge financial results and develops strategies to optimize quality and financial results
- Works with operations to support all business goals related to proprietary culinary programs
- Acts as point of contact, liaison, and subject matter expert for all proprietary brand culinary related questions
- Manages external culinary relationships for tactical execution of based on brand strategies set by cross functional group led by the Brand Director
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in culinary research and development, multi-unit restaurant culinary operations or new restaurant culinary development
- Requires the ability to travel up to 70% of the time
- Requires demonstrated working knowledge of conceptual menu development, procurement, food safety standards and development of culinary brand standards
- Requires working knowledge of the food service industry specific design/construction including opening unit oversight, planning, and management
- Requires strong operations background and training experience
- Requires the ability to effectively manage multiple external consultants
- Requires strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Requires strong organizational skills including experience with menu rollout
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.