American Airlines ProjectManager
6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
American Airlines Project Manager
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The purpose of the American Airlines Project Manager is to lead lounge operations implementation, provisioning, administrative, and supply chain projects within the American Airlines Lounges and Clubs. This position will effectively communicate with client staff, internal lounge operations leaders, and cross-functional corporate functions to execute projects.
- Develops interactive business relationships with key stakeholders on the National AA Leadership and Local Operations teams and others (e.g., American Airlines), to explain and understand project desired outcomes, constraints, and client objectives to prioritize efforts, gain commitment, assign tasks, and manage leadership expectations.
- Creates project assignments, assigns resources, coordinates with teams, and effectively motivates teams to ensure timely completion of tasks. Identifies project performance issues and resolves quickly.
- Closely collaborates with lounge operations team and others (e.g., Vendors), as well as through working independently to meet project and business objectives.
- Prepares and maintains project plans, tracks project progress, and prepares and delivers presentations for new and ongoing projects.
- Reviews project requirements, identifies interdependencies with internal or external departments or service providers, and develops timelines and contingencies for deliverables.
- Delegates responsibilities and ensures that work is completed as needed.
- Schedules cross-functional meetings to facilitate collaboration.
- Maintains project-related documentation, including contracts, invoices, or payment records.
- This position may also be part of various task forces (e.g., AA locations needing support).
Reporting relationship and other important information
- The American Airline Project Manager as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as an Exempt position.
- The position regularly and actively interacts with key, multi-functional stakeholders in Operations, Supply Chain, Finance and Culinary, and Concepts at all levels.
- The position reports to the Senior Director, National American Airlines Lounge Operations.
- Requires ability to travel 30% of the time for meetings and to visit lounge locations.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires business knowledge and acumen typically gained through a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business or a related, equivalent field and 5-7 years of experience leading restaurant and food services projects.
- Requires working knowledge key project management principles and practices, or formal training towards a project management certification.
- Requires demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced highly visible environment.
- Requires ability to build professional and collaborative partnerships with stakeholders across multiple functions and constituencies.
- Requires ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization in a clear, effective and positive manner.
All job requirements are subject to change to reflect the evolving position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.