6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The purpose of the Security Manager is to coordinate and consistently control security operations for the Operations Support Center (OSC) to provide and promote a safe and healthy work environment. The role is responsible for active monitoring of security cameras, access points, and building floors; responding to incidents and calls for service within and around the building. Additionally, this role serves as a partner to HR, Facilities, and IT Security with managing visitor and new hire security badging process, implementing health and safety protocol, and ensuring cameras and access monitoring is functional.
This is an exempt position that typically reports to the Director, HR and will be based in Bethesda, MD.
- Liaises with security vendor and coordinates evening/weekend security coverage
- Assists in developing programs for safeguarding associates, customers, and other company assets.
- In partnership with HR, provides associate training relative to the company’s safety and emergency protocol and objectives.
- Establishes and nurtures a collaborative relationship with Operations and Human Resources to uphold company policies.
- Assists with investigations of possible criminal activity/misconduct
- Monitors security cameras and all building access points
- Greets visitors and conducts rounds on each floor
- Develops and maintains new hire and visitor badging systems
- Ensures all health, safety and wellness protocols are in compliance with company standards.
- Maintains professional liaison with all local law enforcement officials to ensure appropriate coordination of investigations.
- Provide support to facilities and mailroom areas as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively, motivate others, and act as a change agent
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
Experience, Education, Training, and Certification
- Requires a High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Law or certification preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years previous Law Enforcement experience highly preferred
- Loss Prevention/Operations experience and/or Loss Prevention Certification (LPC) a plus
- Requires adequate level of computer literacy, including expertise in Excel, Outlook and Word
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.