6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
Payroll Tax Manager
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The purpose of the Payroll Tax Manager position is to support payroll tax payments & reporting, maintain system updates and respond to tax related inquiries. This role also works closely with the payroll processors, supporting payroll related functions as needed. The Payroll Tax Manager is a customer service driven position aimed at creating and promoting an environment that embraces teamwork while striving for continuous process improvement.
- Supports payroll tax function to ensure compliancy on all tax related issues.
- Supports Senior Manager with investigating tax issues related to company acquisitions.
- Supports weekly tax transmissions to a third-party tax processing service and ensures timely and accurate tax funding on a weekly basis.
- Assists with tests tax version updates for PeopleSoft HRMS.
- Respond to tax related inquiries from agencies and employees.
- Gathers data for internal and external audits related to payroll tax.
- Assists with the weekly and biweekly payroll processes, including calculating and confirming payroll as needed.
- Runs off-cycle process and/or calculates draft checks for locations in the US and Canada.
- Supporting Year End payroll tax processing for US & Canada.
- Maintains a working knowledge of US and Canada payroll tax laws and changes.
- Maintains a working knowledge of wage and hour regulations.
Reporting relationships and other important information
- The Payroll Tax Manager position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as an Exempt Position under the Administrative exemption test.
- The Payroll Tax Manager position reports to the Senior Director, HRMS & Payroll
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requires 1-3 years of payroll & payroll tax experience
- Requires solid computer knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel & Word); PeopleSoft / Oracle HRMS experience is a plus.
- Requires demonstrated attention to detail, strong time management, customer service skills, and organization skills.
- Requires the ability to maintain information in confidence.
- Requires strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
All job requirements are subject to change to reflect the evolving position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.