6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
Accounts Payable Analyst
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The AP Analyst is responsible for analyzing and monitoring the accounting functions of the Accounts Payable department. This position is responsible for recording journal entries and is involved in research and process improvement. The AP Analyst may perform GL account and/or vendor statement reconciliation, may supervise and train associates, and performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by Management. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Assistant Manager, AP or Senior Manager, AP.
- Analyzes and monitors the accounting function of the Accounts Payable Processing department
- Audits and corrects AP transaction related errors
- Acts as primary resource on projects and process improvements, including but not limited to updates to department policies and procedures
- Monitors timely reporting of key metrics and control areas
- Trains associates
- Directly responsible for interviewing, hiring, evaluating performance, team building and coaching of associates
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Requires 3 - 6 years of job related experience; Experience in high volume transaction processing environment preferred
- Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; PeopleSoft Financials or SAP system skills preferred
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
- Requires basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.