6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Proposal Manager is responsible for coordinating, producing, and packaging top quality business proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs) and other business opportunities.
- Reads and analyzes the RFP, determines who is responsible for each required item, creates proposal schedule and compliance matrix
- Works closely with stakeholders to ensure deliverable content is provided by established deadlines
- Works with developer or project owner to develop win themes and determine how those themes will be integrated throughout the proposal or other deliverable (oral presentation, collateral, etc.)
- Works closely with the Restaurant Development group to ensure a solid understanding of the brands that will be included in the proposal
- Reviews all content to ensure it is compliant, exceeds requirements, and is written in a consistent tone that incorporates win themes
- Manages outside vendors for writing and graphics support
- Designs binders, tabs, and interior pages for proposals
- Designs presentation decks using PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Assists with event planning of oral presentations
Reporting relationship and other important information
- The Proposal Manager position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as an Exempt position.
- The position reports to the Director, Creative and Proposal Development.
- Some travel up to 20% may be required for site presentations
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires skills and knowledge generally demonstrated through the successful completion of a Bachelors’ degree in English, communications, or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience as a proposal manager or project manager
- Technical Writing experience strongly preferred
- Experience with graphics and proposal design, including proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and InDesign) is a major plus
- Extensive experience with proposal responses to RFPs
- Ability to meet deadlines with competing priorities while managing multiple projects
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders across organization and external vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Requires demonstrated proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and various graphics software
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.