6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
Staff Accountant II
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Staff Accountant II position will be responsible for interacting with all aspects of the accounting cycle including month-end and year-end close, journal entries. May be responsible for reconciliations and financial statement review and analysis. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the department manager.
- Performs account analysis and ensures follow-up and resolution of issues
- Communicates with a wide range of internal and external customers (other departments, field locations, management, etc.)
- Identifies and recommends process improvements to create efficiencies with daily tasks
- Supports peers and management on non-routine projects
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other Business related course of study
- Requires minimum of 1-3 years of related experience
- Requires analytical and problem-solving skills
- Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Requires a working knowledge of Excel
- PeopleSoft Financials knowledge a plus
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.