HMSHost at Calgary International Airport
Domestic, Concourse A, Gate A15 2000 Airport Road Northeast Calgary, AB T2E 6W5 Canada
The Restaurant Chef is responsible for all culinary operations of a single restaurant with difficult to complex operations. This position directs and participates in the preparation, seasoning and cooking of food, manages the culinary staff, and performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned Management of which associate is capable of performing. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Restaurant Manager, depending on local requirements.
- Supervises the day to day activities of culinary staff, assigns responsibilities for specified work, and sets deadlines to ensure the timely completion of work
- Promotes safety and sanitation, inspects all food products handling, establishes and maintains safe practices, and follows HACCP procedures
- Establishes and maintains contact with food vendors
- Prices and orders food and kitchen supplies
- Maintains effective cost control, service and quality standards to produce maximum sales and profits
- Complies with company and franchise standards of operation procedures, as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies, and ensures on a daily basis that all products are prepared and presented in accordance with brand or company standards
- Identifies hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other associate status change needs of the culinary staff
- Maintains effective communication and positive associate relations by ensuring all associate activities are performed in a timely and professional manner, to include performance reviews, progressive discipline, resolving associate relations issues, managing incentive programs, and executing management and associate development programs as defined by the Restaurant Manager
- Provides the highest quality of customer service to the customers at all times, to include ensuring the proper training of all staff and supporting associates to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires post-secondary training via community college, technical school, culinary arts school or four-year university; brand certification a plus
- Requires a minimum of 5 years managerial or supervision experience in the food service industry
- Must be certified in Serve Safe Management certification course
- Demonstrates team management, delegation, issue resolution, coaching skills and ability to motivate others and act as a change agent
- Demonstrates organization and multi-project time/issue management
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
HMSHost is committed to providing accessible hiring and employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the "AODA") and the Human Rights Code of Ontario. If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or on the electronic application form.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
– Domestic, Concourse A, Gate A15
HMSHost at Calgary International Airport
Calgary, AB, Canada
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.