HMSHost at Seattle–Tacoma International Airport
NS0-17 17801 International Boulevard Seattle, WA 98188
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The purpose of the Manager II (MGRII) position is to assist Branch management in tactically executing complex QSR or Casual Dine or similar restaurant management operations. The MGRII ensures the restaurant is clean, ready for business, staffed, and operates to high operational standards. The MGRI uses prescribed policies and procedures to make management decisions.
- Completes opening, daily and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures
- Assists the GM/AGM in managing by supervising day-to-day activities of associates within a defined individual or group of restaurants or points-of-sale
- Ensures compliance with all company adult beverage policies, and ensures all restaurant staff understand and follow AB procedures
- Participates in the interview process, provides input in hiring, recommends termination, advancement, promotion or any other status change to the GM for associates within the unit
- Assigns work tasks and activities, participates in preparing schedules, and ensures that all shifts are covered
- Actively ensures all associates take all mandated rest breaks and meal periods
- Ensures display areas are appropriately clean, stocked, and visually appealing
- Ensures all equipment is in good working order
- Operates cash register and voids transactions as needed while following all HMSHost cash handling policies and procedures, and maintains proper security of cash at all times
- Monitors compliance with wellness and safety procedures and guidelines, builds awareness about wellness and safety, and reports any safety concerns to the GM
- Understands and performs all Health and Safety activities as specified in the Manager’s Guide to Associate Health and Safety
- Places orders for individual units, receives goods, processes invoices
- Ensures that the company has most current contact information for all associates working in the restaurant.
- Ability to work shifts during various operating days and hours each week; during opening, during busy day parts, and during closing to monitor restaurant associates’ work activities during these different days and times.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local sanitary, safety, and health standards, and all procedures and protocols to comply with HACCP standards
Reporting relationship and other important information
- The MGRII position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as a Non-Exempt position
- The MGRII position typically reports to the General Manager, Director of Operations, or an intermediate F&B Multi Unit Manager II within the assigned location.
- The MGRII position is expected to work a varied and rotating schedule to be on site at various operating days and hours each week; some opening shifts, during some busy dayparts, and during some closing shifts to monitor restaurant associates’ work activities during these different days and times.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a minimum of 4 years food and beverage, cash handling, and customer service experience
- Requires a minimum of 2 years supervisory or lead experience in a Casual Dine restaurant or production kitchen
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost at Seattle–Tacoma International Airport
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.