6905 Rockledge Drive Bethesda, MD 20817
Senior Solution Designer
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free parking and onsite fitness center
- Wellbeing Support Program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The purpose of the Senior Solution Designer is oversight of the day-to-day analysis, design, development, and implementation of homegrown API platform and POS integration toward the benefit of the Digital/POS and stakeholder departments. This position typically reports to the Director of Field Systems.
- Builds Applications and API endpoints for customer homegrown POS platform and build POS integrations to support Business needs.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, deploys, and leads a time-phased resolution plan when IT based issues arise
- Works closely with key business stakeholders, Infrastructure, Network and Security to assess solution design and integration approach.
- Optimizes and supports the POS and Digital group’s day-to-day tasks by building automated solutions that are scalable and supportable.
- Develops custom solutions to complex IT problems in a very distributed environment
- Works closely with the QAs in ensuring software quality, Project managers for initial deployment of the solutions and support team to transition support when the solution has been successfully deployed in the Field.
- Coordinates and leads projects from start to completion with little to no guidance.
- Implements new technologies in unique and innovating ways
Reporting relationship and other important information
- The Senior Solution Designer position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as an Exempt position
- The position reports to the Director Field Systems
- Requires travel up to 10% to support the requirements of the business
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science or Information Science or related field
- At least 10 years’ experience in programming in C#.
- Ability to understand and apply object-oriented programming concepts.
- Familiarity with design patterns.
- Experience in asp.net core MVC, Web API and Azure functions.
- Experience in SQL- DDL, DML, PL/SQL, understanding profiler and optimize queries.
- Experience working with NoSQL- Cosmosdb.
- Understanding and experience in managing azure resources- ASE, ASP, app services, APIM, application gateway preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Functional knowledge of a leading POS system desired, Oracle/Simphony experience nice to have.
- Food & Beverage, Restaurant/Retail industries preferred.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.