Prep Cook - American AirlinesLounges
HMSHost at Chicago O'Hare International Airport
10000 West O'Hare Avenue Chicago, IL 60666
Prep Cook - American Airlines Lounges
$17.00 to $18.00 per hour
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
The Lounge Prep Cook is responsible for preparing various food items, rotating necessary supplies and equipment between store and work areas, and cleaning kitchen, work areas and equipment.
- Follow recipes and procedures to prepare assigned food items according to prep lists, guidelines and standardized recipes
- Prepares and operates kitchen utensils and/or equipment used for weighing, measuring, mixing, washing, peeling, cutting, grinding, stirring, straining, slicing, assembling and kneading of food products
- Stores, receives, stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product throughout work day
- Understand and follows proper food handling procedures such as wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers and freezers clean and ensures that all perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Keeps food waste to a minimum by using food storage and food recycling techniques.
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen and work area by washing kitchen equipment, sanitizing surfaces and taking out trash
- Works and communicates closely with BOH and FOH team members to ensure high level of guest service while doing a variety of time restraint tasks.
- Performs other kitchen duties and assists other cooks as required
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires at least 3 years of experience preparing food items in a casual dine and/or fine dining restaurant establishment
- Requires ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in interactions with premium clientele
- Requires ability to maintain a presentable and polished appearance in keeping with service standards for premium clientele
- Requires ability to work long hours, while standing.
- Possesses strong sanitation habits.
- Ability to multi-task and ability to interact with customers and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost at Chicago O'Hare International Airport
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.