HMSHost at Calgary International Airport
Domestic, Concourse A 2000 Airport Road Northeast Calgary, AB T2E 6W5 Canada
The Server is responsible for taking food and beverage orders; entering orders quickly and in proper sequence; serving food and beverages for guests in their section as well as other sections; coordinating with the kitchen to ensure timely service and quality of the food; and providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position.
- Takes food and beverage orders, places orders, delivers orders, checks back after delivery of food to ensure guest satisfaction, observes guests to respond to any additional needs
- Maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checks drink levels, removes clutter and provides adequate napkins, etc
- Presents check for payment and provides change as needed
- Follows HMSHost customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures
- Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station tables appropriately
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages
- Requires at least 6 months of closely related serving experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs
- Requires the ability to walk, bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
HMSHost is committed to providing accessible hiring and employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the "AODA") and the Human Rights Code of Ontario. If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or on the electronic application form.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
– Domestic, Concourse A
HMSHost at Calgary International Airport
Calgary, AB, Canada
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.