Senior Operations Controller -CA1140
HMSHost at Vancouver International Airport
3211 Grant McConachie Way Richmond, BC V7B 0A4 Canada
Senior Operations Controller - CA1140
The purpose of the Sr Operations Controller is to use financial and operational analysis to observe, collect, understand, communicate and report company operational data as measured against key performance indicators; to ensure managers focus on maximizing sales, optimize cost & labor controls, to conduct operational and financial analysis in support of development and Joint Venture activities, and provide financial support to the location Operations leadership.
- Implements processes and procedures to track company defined financial metrics throughout their area of responsibility
- Provides input into development projects by accurately evaluating financial risks and returns of potentially new business opportunities
- Partners with branch management to improve performance of every store through daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reviews
- Evaluates accounting processes for designated location and makes the appropriate recommendations and/or implements the appropriate solutions.
- Maintains the operations control environment by ensuring compliance with all company standards/policies
- Provides training to branch management to build both financial and business acumen.
- Ensures the financial integrity of the operations income statement and balance sheet through weekly/monthly/quarterly close processes.
- Drives and partners with branch management with price sweeps, menu and/or product optimization, zone, capture and/or market share analysis and implement/supports the organization’s goals
- Oversees maintenance of internal accounting records and is responsible for preparing timely area management reports
- Trains management, supports programs, and leads analysis, for inventory management and cost of sales optimization
- Trains management, supports programs, and leads analysis for labor workforce management optimization
- Drives the forecast process through the company p&l process including review and validation
- Partners with operations management to provide accurate fact-based analysis to support both sales growth and expense reductions/improvements at a store level.
- Prepares reports and presentations, including developing financial bridges as required by management
Reporting relationship and other important information
- The Sr Operations Controller position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as an Exempt position
- The position is required to travel occasionally and irregularly to project sites as necessary Requires irregular and occasional travel to support the requirements of the business.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Finance (MBA preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Food and Beverage or Retail operations a plus.
- Requires strong financial acumen and the ability to understand and teach variance analysis.
- Requires 8 years in financial or business analysis, preferably in a medium to high volume environment
- Requires an advanced working knowledge of Excel including financial modeling skills
- Requires strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires ability to build strong relationships and function well in a heavily matrixed organizational environment, as well as develop strong relationships with external partners including Joint Ventures, sub-tenants and landlords
Disclaimer All job requirements are subject to change to reflect the evolving position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
HMSHost at Vancouver International Airport
– 3211 Grant McConachie Way
Richmond, BC, Canada
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.