HMSHost at Denver International Airport
Concourse C 8500 Peña Boulevard Denver, CO 80249
$56,389 to $68,920 per year
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Kitchen Manager supports the manager of a restaurant with medium sales volume and moderately complex kitchen and culinary operations and is responsible for day-to- day supervision of and assignment of work to non-management associates. This position is also responsible for implementing kitchen and culinary changes, as well as performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned Management of which associate is capable of performing. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Restaurant Manager, depending on local requirements.
- Ensures on a daily basis that the kitchen is staffed appropriately, the kitchen is clean, inventory levels are appropriate and equipment is working properly
- Supervises the day to day activities of kitchen staff and assigns responsibilities for specified work
- Continually monitors and updates prep, par and pull sheets
- Trains cooks and prep cooks
- Ensures recipe compliance and completes self-inspection reports
- Ensures expediting is performed correctly
- Maintains planograms for walk-ins
- Identifies hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other associate status change needs of the kitchen staff
- Complies with company and franchise standards of operation procedures, as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies, and ensures on a daily basis that all products are prepared and presented in accordance with brand or company standards
- Provides the highest quality of customer service to the customers at all times, to include ensuring the proper training of all staff and supporting associates to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; Inter- Provincial Red Seal certification in cooking preferred; brand certification a plus
- Requires 2 or more years of job-related experience in medium volume and/or multi-unit kitchen operations; 3 or more years preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of product, customer service, services and quality standards required, equipment and operations standards required
- Demonstrates team management, delegation, issue resolution, coaching skills and ability to motivate others and act as a change agent
- Demonstrates organization and multi-project time/issue management
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
Compensation & Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- Competitive pay within the range of $57,706 - $75,018
- Bonus eligible position, bonus based on achievement of company metrics
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Vacation and Wellness time
- Life and Disability insurance, including Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Tax-advantaged health accounts (HCFSA and HSA)
- Other benefit options to help manage the unexpected, including Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness, Identity Protection, and Legal Plan
- Access to Work/Life Wellness Support
- Recognition Programs to Celebrate Work and Life Achievements
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
We believe in a culture of engagement. We strive to practice behaviors that set all associates up for success. We foster a culture of appreciation, caring and inclusion. We also believe in being the best version of yourself that you can be. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
HMSHost managers are coaches, guiding their teams to achieve great results while having fun and making a difference every day. Our managers show their passion for service and hospitality, are open to different ideas and perspectives, can adjust to the pace of our business, and serve the needs of our associates, guests, brands and other stakeholders.
We value manager-coaches who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow and have fun at work – apply now!
– Concourse C
HMSHost at Denver International Airport
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.