Cook I, American AirlinesLounges
AA Admirals Club
HMSHost at LaGuardia Airport
Queens, NY 11371
Cook I, American Airlines Lounges
$18.15 per hour
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
The Lounge Cook I is responsible for preparing, cooking and plating hot and cold food items, following all food safety and standards, monitoring food quality, and cleaning kitchen and work equipment.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, checks production and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Prepares and operates kitchen utensils and/or equipment used for weighing, measuring, mixing, washing, peeling, cutting, grinding, stirring, straining, slicing, assembling and kneading of food products
- Ensures all food and beverages are prepared to established standards
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen and work area by washing kitchen equipment, sanitizing surfaces and taking out trash
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Stores, receives, stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product throughout work day
- Works and communicates closely with BOH and FOH team members to ensure high level of guest service while doing a variety of time restraint tasks.
- Performs other kitchen duties and assists other cooks as required
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of closely related cooking experience, including experience cooking food for an airport lounge or casual dining restaurant establishment
- Requires ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in interactions with premium clientele
- Requires ability to maintain a presentable and polished appearance in keeping with service standards for premium clientele
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires ability to work long hours, while standing.
- Possess strong sanitation habits.
- Ability to multi-task and ability to interact with customers and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
AA Admirals Club
HMSHost at LaGuardia Airport
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.