HMSHost at Harry Reid International Airport
5757 Wayne Newton Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89119
$16.81 to $22.09 per hour
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
The Specialty Cook is responsible for the preparation of all wok-cooked or sautéed items along with the preparation required in setting up the stations for the branded concepts for each shift. The Specialty Cook supports a team environment and is responsible for communicating any potential problems to the manager on duty, providing the highest level of service to customers and associates at all times, and performing all additional responsibilities as directed by assigned management. This is a non-exempt position, which reports to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager or Operations Director, depending upon local requirements.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing and wok-cooking all specified menu items; works with a sense of urgency to meet time goals while adhering to recipe standards, and displays an attention to detail and food presentation
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, cutting, marinating, cooking, tasting, carving and serving all items
- Tastes products, follows menus, estimates food requirements, checks production and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Performs basic math and measurement calculations associated with recipes
- Operates kitchen equipment (i.e., buffalo chopper, fryers, cleavers, etc.); handles knives and wears a cut glove when doing so regardless of knife size
- Coordinates food output with the other cooks
- Maintains quality control for all products, including monitoring freshness of product
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
- Follows excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Stocks, dates, rotates and checks temperature of product; receives, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies
- Complies with HMSHost and franchise policies as well as those of all applicable regulatory agencies
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires 1-2 years of wok-cooking experience where food is prepared to order (including ability to work two  woks simultaneously preferred); if no previous wok experience, requires a minimum of 1-2 years of sauté experience and/or cooking experience in a high volume and high prep dining kitchen.
- Successful completion of brand training program
- Requires food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably and professionally with individuals
- Requires the ability to work in varied kitchen temperatures, up to and including very warm cooking environments
- Must be able to cook, stand and/or walk for period of up to nine  hours
- Must have the ability to handle a knife/cleaver
- Must have exceptional skills in handling all product and specialty ingredients and quality control
- Must be able to adapt to changes in new menu items and cooking techniques; must be able to read and understand associated recipes, prep lists and pars
- Must have the capacity to perform basic math and measurement calculations associated with recipes
- Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight may reach 50 lbs
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
HMSHost at Harry Reid International Airport
Las Vegas, NV
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.