Lounge Bartender (non-tipped), American Airlines AdmiralsClub
AA Admirals Club
HMSHost at LaGuardia Airport
Queens, NY 11371
Lounge Bartender (non-tipped), American Airlines Admirals Club
$15.45 to $17.00 per hour
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
The Admirals Club Bar Steward is responsible for taking orders, mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to guests at the bar and dining areas, coordinating and maintaining an orderly appearance of all lounge spaces, as applicable. Provides support and assistance for all lounge services (i.e. serving refreshments, arranging furniture, arranging snack, breakfast, lunch and dinner service and other lounge related services).
- Dispenses and serves all beverage refreshments to guests in the bar and lounge areas.
- Prepares signature cocktails and opens/dispenses wines and champagnes from specified wine list
- Cleans and maintains appearance of the bar area and utensils to ensure a clean, sanitized and well stocked bar
- Sets up bar for breakfast, lunch and dinner service to established standards as required
- Operates register and delivers to Airline Representative all amounts from the sale and drinks and all complimentary drink coupons
- Assists all customers with information and special needs as directed by Airline Representative and HMSHost
- Receives, verifies and stocks deliveries against invoices
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and handling intoxicated guests
- Follows all HMSHost and airline customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures
- Ensures a positive guest experience for all customers and resolves customer complaints in a manner consistent with policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages
- Requires at least 3 years of bartending experience, including experience in an airport lounge or casual dine restaurant
- Requires knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits as well as their preparation and presentation, keeping updated on new and revised beverage recipes
- Requires ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in interactions with premium clientele
- Requires ability to maintain a presentable and polished appearance in keeping with service standards for premium clientele
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the customers and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Requires the ability to walk, bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
We are a global hospitality company with a passion for service! HMSHost offers the size, resources, training, and advancement opportunities you need to reach your most important career goals.
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on earning the trust and loyalty of our people. We commit to providing a work experience that earns your loyalty, provides a place where you feel like you belong, work you can be proud of, a place to have fun, earn money, and have the opportunity for advancement. We support this with competitive wages, robust benefits and recognition for a job well done.
Working for HMSHost is more than serving food & beverage, it’s like being an ambassador for the city you live in – as we put it – helping travelers feel good on the move!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants, we help travelers feel good on the move!
AA Admirals Club
HMSHost at LaGuardia Airport
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you are an applicant with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access HMSHost’s online applicant portal as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to OSCHR@HMSHost.com.